Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Just a soliloquy

“One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.”
― Jack Kerouac


Once upon a time -

I decided to write down my thoughts, ideas, and plans.  I decided to change my inner monologue, soliloquy, into a conversation.  Maybe I'm the only one who reads it.  Maybe it is just a conversation with myself, or maybe I have the potential to reach a larger audience.  When a person first starts putting pen to paper, or fingers to keys, they don't know how wide their potential reach is.  Who knows what will become of my journal writings and stories?

For at least 15 minutes every day, I make it a point to write.  Some of those writings go here, others get hidden away for my eyes only, and some of those writings are being cataloged for a book I'm working on.  Most days, the words come easily.  I write what I know.  Sometimes, though, I decide to do something I typically dread: creative writing.  I like to think of myself as a thorough technical writer, so creative writing is foreign and uncomfortable.

http://garima82.wordpress.com/2014/04/26/writing/
This summer, I plan to punch out 1000 word chapters.  This summer, I plan to publish an ebook and work toward a larger print book.  This summer, I hope to get enough of a manuscript to submit to a publisher.  This summer, I plan to find a magazine, blog, or other periodical to get published in.  This summer, my goal is to make writing a larger focus of my life, and business.

For me, writing is a release.  Writing is empowering.  The written word is impressive and finite and clear.   Spoken words can be censored and grey.  They can be wishy-washy and undefined.  Maybe it's the introvert in me that prefers the written word over the spoken, but maybe that's why I can effectively communicate through text.  Yes, I communicate just fine with the spoken word, but things become clear with written word.  Even better when I am given the opportunity to combine the two.

How often do you write?  

Does it come easily, or is it a chore?

Nicole
The Restless Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment